Weight loss compound you need to get rid of extra fat quickly. Not a magic pill, but helps to speed up the effects from your diet and workouts.
Things to Know About MK-677
- Class: SARM (though MK-677 is technically a growth hormone secretagogue.)
- Structure: Non-steroidal
- Aromatization: No
- How to take: Oral
- Primary use: Flexible (bulking, cutting, recovery, anti-aging)
- Compounds in the family: 1 (MK-677)
Ibutamoren, also known as MK-677, isn’t just another supplement; it’s a game-changer in the world of SARMs (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators).
It’s an HGH booster: it will enhance your muscle mass, strength, and physical performance. How? It’s all about the growth hormone (GH).
Ibutamoren revs up the pituitary gland to produce more GH, kick-starting anabolism, which leads to leaner muscle mass and top-notch physical performance.
Plus, it doesn’t stop there. It’s also been found to ramp up metabolism and bone density. And in addition, studies have shown that over the long haul, it can even boost cognitive function and memory in elderly folks.
Ibutamoren MK-677 Action Points
By stimulating the pituitary gland to churn out more GH, it leads to a surge in protein synthesis, resulting in bigger muscles.
- Limited Somatostatin. Chemistry-wise, Ibutamoren throws a wrench in the works of somatostatin, a “bad” inhibitor of GH production. Less somatostatin — more somatotropin — more protein synthesis, which means stronger muscles and improved physical abilities. Simple as that;
- Metabolism. On top of muscle growth, Ibutamoren also revamps metabolism and bone density. By ramping up growth hormone production, it ensures energy is used more efficiently;
- Bones health. At the same time, MK-677 improves bone density by helping calcium absorption into the bones;
- Anti-aging. MK-677 has been studied as a possible anti-aging wonder drug. It stimulates the body’s natural production of growth hormone (HGH), which is key in slowing down the aging process and fighting off age-related symptoms.
In addition, Ibutamoren boosts the release of certain hormones, like cortisol, IGF-1, and ghrelin, all of which play a crucial role in promoting better sleep. So while MK-677 helps you to grow, it also helps to regulate the body’s circadian rhythm, encouraging consistent sleeping patterns.
Development & History: Know Your PEDs
MK-677 was initially developed by a pharmaceutical company called Merck & Co. Their initial goal was to create a compound that could mimic the effects of ghrelin, a hormone that regulates appetite, energy distribution, and rate of use of energy.
Ghrelin also plays a significant role in stimulating the release of growth hormone (GH). Merck & Co. aimed to create a drug that could stimulate the ghrelin receptor and, in turn, stimulate the secretion of GH to fight against conditions like muscle wasting, obesity, and osteoporosis.
Despite its initial promise and the buzz it created, MK-677 never got the green light from the FDA for medical uses. Instead, it found a different kind of popularity in the fitness and bodybuilding community.
It’s a cheaper, but still safe and reliable way to get more GH than investing in real HGH that costs a fortune these days.