Quick injectable bulker with uncompromised effects. Mass builder that’s been around for over 50 years, successfully sculpting stage-worthy physiques.
Things to Know About Masteron
- Class: Anabolic Steroid
- Structure: DHT-based
- Aromatization: No
- How to take: Injectable
- Primary use: Mostly Cutting
- Compounds in the family: 2 (Propionate and Enanthate esters)
Masteron, with its active ingredient Drostanolone, is a DHT-derived steroid that’s been around for over 50 years now.
Masteron binds to androgen receptors, boosting protein synthesis and putting the brakes on muscle breakdown. The result? More muscle, more strength, and a physique that screams “look at me!”
You have two esters when it comes to choosing the Drostanolone-based compound:
- Drostanolone Propionate (brand names Masteron by Apoxar, Mast P by Novo-Pharm);
- Drostanolone Enanthate (brand names Mestenex by Apoxar, Mast E by Novo-Pharm).
Both have their benefits, and below we have a side-by-side comparison so it;s easier for you to choose the right one.
Masteron, known scientifically as Drostanolone, wasn’t developed for bodybuilders. It was created in the 1950s, with its primary mission being to combat advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women. The pharmaceutical company Syntex introduced it in the early 1960s under the brand names Masteril and Drolban.
By the 1970s and 1980s, Masteron became a popular thing in the bodybuilding world, especially for those preparing for competitions.
Like many steroids, its medical use dwindled due to the emergence of more effective treatments. Yet, in the bodybuilding arena, its popularity lives on.
Masteron Propionate vs Enanthate: Comparison
Let’s take a look at the two Masteron esters side by side:
- Propionate: Hits your system fast. We’re talking about a peak release in just 1-2 days;
- Enanthate: The slow and steady type. It takes about 5-10 days to peak in your system.
- Propionate: Short! Around 2-3 days. This means you’ll be pinning more frequently. Get ready for that!
- Enanthate: Longer, around 8-10 days. Fewer injections, which can be a blessing for many.
- Propionate has been around the block longer. It’s the more commonly used version of Masteron in bodybuilding circles;
- Enanthate is less common than Prop, but gaining traction.
- Because it’s fast-acting, with Propionate, athletes often report quicker results in terms of muscle definition and fat loss;
- The longer half-life of Enanthate means steadier hormone levels and less frequent injections. It’s a bit more “set it and forget it.”
- The frequent injections of Masteron Propionate can be a pain, literally and figuratively. If you’re needle-shy, this might not be your jam;
- Enanthate takes longer to kick in. If you’re impatient and want rapid results, this might test your patience.
In a nutshell
Masteron Propionate is for those who want quick results and don’t mind the frequent jabs. Enanthate ester is for the more patient, those who’d rather not turn into a pin cushion. Both have their merits.