Arimidex (anastrozole) is a classic aromatase inhibitor. During anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) use, testosterone can be converted into estrogen through the action of the aromatase enzyme. Elevated levels of estrogen can lead to a variety of unwanted side effects, such as gynecomastia (male breast tissue enlargement), water retention, and decreased muscle definition.
Arimidex works by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, thus reducing the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. This helps to reduce the overall levels of estrogen in the body, leading to a decrease in estrogen-related side effects.
It is important to note that the use of aromatase inhibitors like Arimidex should be carefully monitored and dosed appropriately to avoid reducing estrogen levels too low, which can also have negative impacts on overall health and well-being.
The 4 core benefits of Arimidex are:
- Apoxar Arimidex helps to reduce the levels of estrogen in the body, which can minimize the risk of estrogen-related side effects such as gyno;
- By reducing water retention, Arimidex can help to improve muscle definition and enhance overall muscle aesthetics;
- By reducing the conversion of testosterone into estrogen, Arimidex can help to increase overall testosterone levels, potentially leading to notable gains in lean muscle mass;
- The use of Arimidex can help to minimize the risk of negative side effects associated with estrogen buildup, including fatigue, hot flashes, joint pain, and headaches.
On cycle, you have to start taking Arimidex at a specific point, depending on what exact steroids you take that threaten your hormonal balance.
- If you take short-acting, fast AAS, like Anadrol and testosterone Propionate: start taking Arimidex by Apoxar on the second week of your cycle, days 8 or 10, and keep it at moderate dosage throughout the cycle;
- If you take long-acting substances with prolonged release period, such as Testosterone Enanthate: start taking Arimidex on the third week of your cycle, and keep it on for 1 week after the last administration of the long-acting gear, before switching to PCT, alongside HCG.
The dosage, as it is generally accepted by the bodybuilding community, shall not exceed 1 mg (if we talk about Apoxar Arimidex — it is exactly one pill) every 3 days. For the majority of athletes, just half a pill is enough. 0.5 mg of Apoxar Arimidex every 3 days is the dose you need to aim at.
Arimidex is one of the most powerful aromatase inhibitors on the market. Just half a milligram is more than enough to keep estradiol low.
It’s not the only AI available today: Aromasin and Femara are two of the most popular alternatives, with Aromasin being a slightly less powerful option, and Femara — one of the newest additions to the AI class of compounds.